Lighthouse BK - Shrimp Ceviche
Shrimp ceviche is light, fresh, and packed with flavor - it's a perfect summer or end of summer dish.
Recipe contains seafood.
"This recipe gives back to Rethink Food, an organization fighting food waste and hunger with education. I love what they do and how broad and connected the mission is. Lighthouse operates in a similar way and I really appreciate that." - Naama
OWNER NAAMA TAMIR'S STORY
Naama Tamir was born and raised in the city of Rehovot in Israel and moved to NY in 2000 after her mandatory IDF service. She studied Philosophy and Psychology at Hunger college while moonlighting in the hospitality industry.
In 2011 along with her brother-partner Assaf Tamir, they opened Lighthouse restaurant in South Williamsburg Brooklyn. Other notable roles that Naama hold includes:
- Producer of Umami Food and Art Festival
- Chair of sustainability practices and green initiative at BaBar (bar & restaurant alliance)
- Founder of NFL - No Free Lunch sustainability platform at the Institute of Public Knowledge at NYU
- Guest speaker at the Institute of Culinary Education, NYU, The New School
- Fair Kitchens leader - a global movement of chefs supporting chefs to improve kitchen culture